From across the water

The lives and love of a Dutch girl in the UK.

Thursday, October 19, 2006


Thirteen Things I just want to share.


1. It's getting colder now. Eventhough last night it was still warm enough to walk around in a jumper (ok, so it was a thick knitted one with turtleneck, but still), it's a lot colder than last week, when we were still walking around in t-shirts.

2. Which is why I got a new coat at H&M yesterday! It's black and lovely and warm (and yes, I should post a picture of it, or me in it, soon...)

3. Sales are up! Yayyy!

4. I've only just got Animal Crossing (Me!! A game!! Whatever next....) but I can see how it can become very, very addictive very, very quickly!

5. When you've been in an accident that's not your fault, be prepaired to sit through hours and hours of boring on hold-music.

6. Skype is the BEST invention in the world! I've so missed talking to my dear friend...

7. It's funny when 3-year olds say 'Gimme some money, mummy needs new shoes!', not so funny when a 9-year old says 'Women eh?'

8. Money can't buy you love, but apparently it can buy you a child, even two.

9. Laura decided to stop blogging. Poo!

10. I had no idea I was supposed to blog two days ago, but then, I'm not British.

11. Lidl sells Dutch goodies! Yayyyy!! Now I can enjoy hot chocolate and speculaasjes any time I want!

12. Nanowrimo is coming up soon!! Time to get started on a new story!

13. So yeah, I should be writing

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



4 Comments:

  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Tink said…

    Interesting list! I didn't know Lidle had shops over there, but I'm glad for you they have Dutch goodies. I know I couldn't live without! ;-)
    Success with Nanowrimo again and thanks for stopping by!

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger Darla said…

    OMG. Another adult who plays Animal Crossing. My kids thought it would be fun to introduce me to it. It's an awfully addictive time-sink.

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger Eveline said…

    @Laura: speculaas, negerzoenen, mergpijpen.... At least that's what I've seen there so far. ;)

     
  • At 10:48 PM, Blogger Candy Minx said…

    H ah I love the money can't buy you love but can buy you children..a little bribery goes a long way huh?

    What a charming list and I like how random and free form it felt.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, great to "meet" you!

    Candy

    http://gnosticminx.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home