From across the water

The lives and love of a Dutch girl in the UK.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Thirteen


Thirteen Things I learned this week


1. Bureaucracy is as bad here as it is in Holland. How comforting.

2. Tesco's have Dutch cheese! I've got some lovely lovely Gouda in the fridge..!

3. When you take a disposable BBQ to the park to enjoy some wonderful corn on the cob, mushrooms, pitabreads with cheese and pineapple and bananas, please make sure the bottom does not fall out!

4. Coca Cola Zero puts out fires. Well, small ones anyway.

5. Rock painting is fun!

6. And addictive! In two days I've made 6 ladybirds, 5 frogs, 2 rabbits and did some doodling on pebbles. And I'm doing some more tonight.

7. Mauve acrylic paint by Boldmere bleeds when you put the varnish on it, even after letting the paint dry for 24 hours.

8. Luke the crazy labrador does not like thunderstorms. He was crying, poor thing.

9. Charlotte Church can be funny. Who knew?

10. Corn on the cob is yummmmyyy with honey and red chilli's.

11. We had more mergpijpjes (Dutch chocolate, cake and marzipan thingies...) than I remembered. Yayy!

12. I like sour candy, but I should stay away from Toxic Waste Hazardously Sour Candy at all times, especially when wearing make-up for there is no such thing as waterproof mascara.

13. Time flies! I had no idea it was thursday already!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




2 Comments:

  • At 4:49 AM, Blogger Sue Bee said…

    It's always good to learn something new!

    Wow, I haven't seen Charlotte Church in years - guess she's all grown up and tattooed. Interesting.

    Thanks for stopping by my TT.

     
  • At 2:46 AM, Blogger crse said…

    wow talk about informative! Great list. Happy TT!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home