From across the water

The lives and love of a Dutch girl in the UK.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Supernanny

A few weeks ago I decided it was time to look for a job here. One of the most logical things to look for, other than something to do with people suffering from eating disorders, was to look for a job as a nanny. I love kids, I've been a nanny a few years ago and loved that (eventhough the parents were a bit of a problem) and I knew it would be something I could do.

And so I found a nanny agency and filled out their form. A few days later, I got a call asking when I could come over for a job interview. And that was yesterday!

We arrived early. Of course we did. Yoda told us where to go, which was so nice of him, and I waited another 15 minutes before ringing the doorbell.

Belinda answered the door, very casually dressed which I like because it makes you feel less like you're at A Job Interview, and showed me to her office. We talked a bit about my CV, about the police check I need to have done, about living in the UK and about my previous experience and how it's usually the parents who make it a difficult job, not the kids. She signed me up for a First Aid class sometime within the next two months, gave me my Nanny-card with my picture and Nanny-number as well as their address and phone number and that was about it! She said she would start looking for a family for me within Chelmsford, as I'm not that confident at driving and need to use public transport (at least for now, I know I need to bite the bullet at some point...) and off I went..

Now all I need is a Supernanny suit....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home