From across the water

The lives and love of a Dutch girl in the UK.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Postcrossing

I just signed up for Postcrossing, a project that's about sending postcards all over the world.

I used to have penpals, in Holland, in the US, in Denmark, in England and I loved it! I loved writing long letters till my fingers hurt, I loved decorating the envelopes, I loved receiving the letters and then writing back again.

The internet is great for meeting people all over the world and keeping in touch, but it's not quite the same as writing letters by hand, sending them of, waiting for replies that might take days, weeks even.

Now (well, not now now, obviously, as it's half 10 on a saturday evening) all I need to do is request an address, find a postcard that is OK enough to send and make a trip to the postoffice. And who knows, I might find a postcard in the mail sometime soon, too.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger Tink said…

    Postcrossing works and it's fun! On my website I have a page about it (with the cards I received).
    I'm also exchanging postcards with other bloggers, interested??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home