From across the water

The lives and love of a Dutch girl in the UK.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Writing again

I am writing again! A few days ago, I bought a 'Write your own novel' CDrom by GSP, and it works! On it you can write down your ideas and notes, keep track of events, dates, locations, add all your characters and their description, personality and relationships. You can even keep notes on where you've submitted your story, and oh yeah, you can actually write your story on there as well. I have to be honest, I was a little scared to actually save my writing on here instead of a notebook (I of course keep one anyway) but it really does work!

And best of all; I'm not doing this on my own. I've got My Love as a sparring partner. I had a very basic storyline, but while talking to him we added more and more to it, making it more complex. We talk about why people do the things they do in the story, when certain events take place and why in that order, and how it will all end. We are now looking at a police thriller, which is something I've never done before, but by having him as my partner I feel the story will be tight enough to work.

And now it's time for, as Mur Lafferty from I Should Be Writing always puts it, 'butt in chair'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home