From across the water

The lives and love of a Dutch girl in the UK.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Rock painting

A few days ago, I came across a website dedicated to rock painting and thought, 'Hmm, there's an idea...' I googled a bit and found more and more wonderful websites about painting on pebbles, rocks and slate. I found some very impressive live-like pets and wild life, and some lovely little ladybirds. And then I thought, 'I want to give it a try.'

I bought some acrylic paint and varnish, some brushes, Tye and I went pebble hunting while taking Luke for a walk and that evening as he was off to work I did my very first pebbles and loved it!

I did some ladybirds and some frogs that first night. The next day I did some more ladybirds and frogs, and tried my very first rabbits (the brown ones in the picture), the day after that some grey rocks (and the grey rabbit in the rabbit picture) and last night I did a baby wale and a cat.

Some rock painting books are on the way (one of them is rock painting for kids, so it should not be too difficult) and I've already joined a rock painting group.

I think I'm addicted.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home