From across the water

The lives and love of a Dutch girl in the UK.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

It's Thursday again



Thirteen Things about Rock Painting that I like




1. All you need is some rocks and paint and a few brushes.

2. And your own imagination.

3. Sometimes you find a rock that can be nothing else but what you had in mind.

4. A rock is 3D, which makes it so much easier to paint!

5. You can paint anything you like!

6. And it doesn't have to be exactly life-like. In fact, cartoonesk rocks are just as much fun.

7. There is no art teacher telling you you need more shade, you need more this, you need more that....

8. Inspiration can be found anywhere.

9. You do not need an expensive course or workshop to learn how to paint rocks, you just get your things together and paint!

10. But if you do want some helpful tips and tricks, there are books and websites to help you.

11. It's an inexpensive hobby (although I can see it turning into an expensive one if I get too addicted.. I'd want more brushes, paint, cases to put the finished rocks, books etc. etc.)

12. It's a quiet hobby, I can do it while Tyronne sleeps during the day.

13. It makes the evenings alone fly by.




Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



5 Comments:

  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Tink said…

    I never tried it, but it sounds like something I'd like!

     
  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    My 11-month-old daughter and I just looked at the pictures from your last post. You are very creative. It looks like alot of fun.

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said…

    WOW! You are new at this? I looked at the photos in your last post and am impressed!

    I would say I like the cat one best, but the frogs are too darn cute!

    Helpful TT. Maybe I'll try!

     
  • At 3:09 AM, Blogger Jenn said…

    Rock painting sounds really cool. I will have to check out the links you have. Thanks for the new idea.

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Tanya said…

    I've not considered it before, but will keep a look out next time I am painting a canvas.

    Happy Thursday.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home