From across the water

The lives and love of a Dutch girl in the UK.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Nanowrimo day 10....... Done! (sort of)

The last few days have been amazing.

My MC (Main Character) turned out to be a cat lover. I had no idea. She even went to a cat rescue center after doing some research online, and went to get a cat. Boo, a partially blind white tomcat, is now hers, after getting the OK from the center on both her meeting with him right there and having had a house check. It was not planned at all and took me by surprise. Only during Nanowrimo can things like that happen I guess...

On Thursday night, I reached the 40K. I had been writing roughly 5000 words a day, and was 'in the zone'. I was thinking about the story all the time, making mental notes and even though I did struggle a bit, I managed to keep on typing.

After midnight, I wrote another 2140 words, leaving me with roughly 8000 words. Doable, I told myself, absolutely doable.

And so yesterday, I started writing at about 7 pm. At midnight, I changed my word count on the Nanowrimo website to 46.734, and that's when I decided I could not let go. Not yet. Not with 'the prize' right there in front of me, where I could see it and almost taste it.

At 2 am last night UK time, I got to 50,150 words! I did it!!! And within 10 days! A new record I never even dreamed of reaching!

Of course the story is not finished, I need about 20-30K more, but I have already got all of that planned out. It will happen this year. I will finish it.

(But no more 8000 word days.... that was painful..... )

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home